Followers

Friday 2 December 2011

66th Birthday Card

This is NOT the 66th Birthday Card I have made, but a card for someones 66th Birthday.

We found out yesterday that it was our Receptionists birthday and that she was 66 years old.  I said that I would make a card for her & after a few discussions about the type of card I was give the following challenge...

Wouldn't it be good to have a card that you could change the age on, after all normally people swap their ages around to get younger, but with 66 could could say you were 69, 96 or even 99 - non of which is any younger than 66!

I sat and thought about how I could achieve changing numbers and came up with this card.


I used 1 number 6 and 1 number 9 stickers and stuck them onto acetate. I then lined them up and put a whole through the middle of the 6/9 numbers.  When a brad was then used to fix them to the mount you are able to rotate the numbers around.

I don't very often make cards for specific occasions (other than Christmas) so found this quite fun to make.  All in all it took about 1 hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment