Followers

Sunday 28 October 2012

US... The early years

This is the title of a double layout created for my "Book of Me" scrapbook.  I wanted to record our journey together, what happened and when, this was going to be a mainly text based page, with just a couple of small photos.

It took me a long while to get the dates together, at the time (back in 1997 & 1998) DH was using Lotus 123 and not Microsoft Office, so all of the calendar info I knew we kept was in a format we could no long read.  However we found a way to view the Text version of the calendar entries... I then had to look at each text entry, I then decided to transfer them all to our Google Calendar.

This done I could then start to decide which dates/events I wanted to use.  My last job was to find a few photos of us taken in 1997/8.

Here are the finished pages...


A few of my highlights include:
  • Our first kiss
  • Our first official date
  • Meeting DH's Mum
  • When DH asked me to marry him
  • Our first Christmas together
  • Getting Married
In total this page includes 22 dates & events between March 1997 & July 1998.

Happy Scrapping :)

No comments:

Post a Comment