Followers

Wednesday 31 October 2012

WOYWW - 31 October 2012


Happy Halloween to all reading this post.

As today is also a Wednesday, Happy Whats On Your Workdesk Wednesday to everyone to :)

Today I am working on my Christmas cards, well on the toppers to be more acurate.  I tend to create two types of Christmas Card for my friends & Family.  The ones that look good, but are quick & simple to make & those that also look good, but take longer to make are are more detailed.

The more detailed cards will go to those who I know will appreicate a great look hand made Christmas Card.

I decided that I would use one of the stamp sets I brought a couple of weekends ago and that the main image will be the card toppers...

I am using a corner of table with a piece of craft sheet under my images as I colour them just to make sure that no colour reaches the tablecloth.

 
Here is a closeup of the image, at the moment I have 7 images on the go (production style), the owls will be in shades of Brown or Grey. I have finsihed a couple and are really pleased with the results.  As soon as I have a picture of a finished card I will add it to my blog.

12 comments:

  1. Hi Helen T, my philosophy re the cardmaking is pretty much the same in that I select the card to fit the person/people it's going to. Some, I know will keep the card to treasure where others will chuck it after christmas.
    Love these little owls.
    Elaine #27

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to be busy with all that colouring, but it will all be worth it in the end...not many weeks now!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Making Christmas cards for everyone doesn't work with me either. There are some years I've only sent card bought in a shop. This year I try to do a better job, just like you. Love the stamp you've used for your colouring. These owls are so cute. Thanks for sharing and a happy halloween too. Bye, Franka #49

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have quite a production line there, I need to get mine going too! Happy Spooky WOYWW, Helen #4

    ReplyDelete
  5. good luck with the production line,great image

    have a fab woyww
    kay #75

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sat reading my WOYWW blogs on my sick bed this week but have my mask on so you don't catch anything. I'm enjoying reading what everyone is up to this week [it's better than reading magazines :-) ]. I'm leaving a copied comment so you know I've called by because my hands are too weak and shaky to keep typing out my comments this week.
    Big hugs,
    A x #93

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great image! Always love owls. I do the same thing with my cards. I try to design something that doesn't need coloring as I usually make about 70 Christmas cards. Eek. Only have about 10 made so far.
    Karen 107

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good idea to cover your tablecloth, we didn't realise how much inks bled through until we started colouring images.

    The bears @#104

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great image ...look forward to seeing the finished cards ...the ones above are great ...love the peacock.Thanks for droping by earlier ...I am a bit disorganized today. xx#101

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have also started using my craft sheet far more to save wasting paper under my work. That and my SplodgeAway mat have saved me so much in and paper. Those potential cards look great, cheerful and colourful. Thank you for your visit today. I hope all your friends and family appreciate the work you put into your cards. Have a good week. xx Maggie #42

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous and look forward to seeing the finished results too.

    Love how you have colour organised your promarkers :) I have one of these folders too must rearrange it thanks for idea

    Ali #88

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like those images and production line is good, I always do a couple of sets of very simple, easy to produce cards and crank a load out. Saves a lot of stress!

    Hugs
    Brenda 1

    ReplyDelete