The pack has been sitting in the box by my desk for several weeks and then I found a stamp that I wanted to try shrinking. The stamp was free with the latest 'Lets Make Cards' magazine:
|Stamped on white paper and coloured|
|Attempt 1: The ink I used to stamp the image rubbed off (not a good start) I was not over keen on the colours of the flowers either|
|Attempt 2: Not too sure what happened, but when heated it curled & stuck together!|
|Attempt 3: Now I'm starting to get somewhere... I used a Brilliance Dew Drop ink pad, and the colour did not rub off. I used Sakura Glitter Pens to give a couple of flowers colour - overall not a bad result (this was DH's favourite)|
|Attempt 4: Using a different Shrink Plastic and a different colour of ink, again I was not too happy with the colour of the flowers|
|Attempts 5,6 &7: More trials with different colours of the ink, I was happy with these, but felt that they were just missing something - just not too sure what|
Overall I was quite pleased with my first attempt at using Shrink Plastic. I did find that the Brilliance Dew Drop Ink did not dry on the plastic, before using the heat gun. I then found it very difficult to colour the flowers as the outline would smudge at the slightest touch.
If anyone has any hints/tips for using Shrink plastic (or has any tutorials on their blog) please let me know. I did enjoy using the plastic, but I think that these pictures prove I need a bit of help!!!!