Followers

Wednesday 4 January 2012

WOYWW - 04 January 2012

Wow, this is the first Whats On Your Workdesk Wednesday of 2012 - Is it really a Wednesday, it doesn't feel like it!!!!

Yesterday was a busy day as I did not want to be sitting around waiting for the phone to ring to tell me to go and collect DH from the hospital after his surgery.  So I kept busy!!!

I had a big tidy/clear-out/reorganisation of the area around the workdesk, I basically have 2 shelve units for all of my craft stuff & over the last few months I have been saving the plastic cartons from the Chinese take-away & buying the A6 & A5 craft storage boxes.

All of my boxes are sat neatly on the shelves (for now) and all are labelled (for now)... the floor space has even been cleared
The big question is how long will this space stay this tidy?????????? Hmmmmm... maybe a day or two??

Ok enough of the craft space, back to the desk...On my desk today is my first completed 'Never Ending Card', and I must say that I was impressed with the result - even DH said that it was clever & he liked it!!!

As a Never Ending Card is designed to keep being folded until you end up at the beginning there are actually 5 pictures (4 are the different 'sides' and the last picture is the back).

The front of the card - the starting point & 'Side 1'
After the 1st fold you are at 'Side 2' (the text reads "A wise man once said...")
After the 2nd fold you reach 'Side 3' (the text reads "Follow your dreams, except the one where you're at work in your underwear.")
The 3rd Fold takes you to 'Side 4'.  When you fold again you will find yourself back at 'Side 1'
Yes I know that this photo is slightly wonky & upside down... this is the back of 'Side 1' - However if you start folding from this side you will see a completely different set of 'Sides' 
If you would like to see how simple it is to create a Never Ending Card then please leave me a comment and I will get round to creating a 'How To...'

13 comments:

  1. Nice tidy area, love the card I have'nt made one of these yet, so must have a try thanks you for sharing, Hugs May x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a clever card - like it!! I can see you making a few more of those :)
    Hope your DH is ok!
    Happy New Year!
    Hugs, LLJ #34 xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope DH's recovery is quick, and he can get back to doing the housework while you craft, nothing worse than a man with "man Flu", lol,

    I love never ending cards, one of my favourite makes I will admit,

    xx

    Lou WOYWW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great creative space and fab crafting going on there. Happy WOYWW
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That card is very interesting looking. Is it difficult to make and do the recipients know to keep folding all over to check it out? I hope so because that is all the fun.

    Great organization with everything in a labeled bin! How long will it last? Well... we'll see!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That card is very cool! Your workdesk area looks rather tidy. Bins labeled? You are ahead of me there!!!

    Kay
    WOYWW #92

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great first crafty peek of the year, your desk looks very tidy today. Love your never ending card Happy new year!
    hugs
    Enfys

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very organised with your boxes and labelling - it might not stay quite so organised, but it will be helpful for when you tidy up. Great never-ending card (Hazel, WOYWW 108) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you didn't forget to fetch him!! ANd hope too that he's comfortable. Excellent organisation there Helen, am thinking that as long as you re-box and put the boxes away each time, it will be really easy to maintain..and that's where it all goes to hell for me I think!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely to have a good tidy up and sort out, makes you feel all happy and contented for at least the rest of the day, lol! Hope dh makes a speedy recovery too, and that's an amazing card!

    Hugs
    Brenda 76

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love to organize everything! That card is really great, I would love to make something like that, a how to would be wonderful! I hope your dh is feeling better soon :)

    Katie #81

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are well organised ready for creative 2012. I like your never ending card. I learned how to make them last year my grandson was very impressed when I made him one for his birthday. Thanks for sharing and a Happy New Year. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  13. That never ending card is lovely. I find them fascinating, but I have never plucked up courage to have a go at one. Hope your DH is soon back to full health. Maggie #72

    ReplyDelete