Followers

Tuesday 28 February 2012

How To... Create a Quilled Butterfly

It has been a while since I created a How To... so I thought it was about time that I created another one.  Following many comments about my Quilled Butterflies I decided to use this How To... to show you all how easy they are to create.

I also have a second motive, I could not find the instructions that I used in the first place, so I needed to write down them while I could remember!!!!

So here goes...
You Will Need:
Glue Pen
Pinflair Glue (or Silicon Gel)
Quilling Tool
Quilling Paper - 2 x 25cm, 2 x 20cm, 1 x 10cm & 2 x 5cm
Curl one of the 25cm lengths around the quilling tool & put a dot of Glue at the end to hold it together.  Repeat with the second length of 25cm; both 20cm lengths & the 10cm Length.
Curl 3/4 of the 5cm length around the quilling tool.  Repeat with the second 5cm length

You will now have 5 circles & 2 part curled lengths of paper

Take the 10cm length and gently squeese both ends
I would suggest that you now put the Butterfly on a non-stick surface (I have used a bit of clear plastic packaging) so that you don't end up with the butterfly stuck to the desk or scrap paper!

Add glue wither side at one end of the 10cm length and attach the two 5cm strips
Put a small amount of Pinflair Glue on either side of the 10cm length, this will be used to hold the wings in position
Taking each of the 25cm lengths gently squeeze one end to create a tear drop shape
Repeat for both of the 20cm lengths
Now place the 20cm lengths to create the bottom pair of wings.
You can repeat this process as many times as you want with what ever colours you want to create a large kaleidoscope of butterflies - Yes, a group of Butterflies is really called a kaleidoscope.

6 comments:

  1. A great tutorial and a fab butterfly, its really pretty :)

    Luv Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are lovely...I may have to give it a go at some point...
    CLaire x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, thank you for sharing, must try this out, Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's really pretty. I've never tried quilling but have thought about it... this may just inspire me to have a go! :)

    ReplyDelete