So as I had a few days annual leave left to use up before the end of March, I arranged to attend 2 workshops. On Tuesday it was the 'More ideas with your die cutting machine' workshop and it was an eye opening workshop.
I was amazed at what I was able to create during the workshop, and I have learned so much in the way of hits & tips. One of the big things was the difference between using Cut & Dry Foam & Felt - I have tried using both and have found that I prefer the Felt.
During the workshop I created 2 cards.
For the 1st Cards we used the following techniques:
- The first was a card using a Mask which had been inked & put through the Cuttlebug
- Inking through a Mask to create a background
- Cutting a Aperture in the front of the card
- Creating a acetate window
- Cutting a matching frame to cover the edge of the acetate
The 2nd Card was created using the following techniques:
- Scoring a Gate Fold on the front of the card
- Using the Cuttlebug to 'partial' cut 1/2 of the die
- Embossing each edge of the card
We did not have time to create a 3rd card, but Linda also showed us how to create a '3-D' card. So I created a card blank, but have yet to decorate it & have a play.
If you would like to see a Tutorial for using Partial cuts leave me a comment & I will see what I can do.