- Cambridge - I am a Cambridge girl born & bred and every month on the 2nd Saturday we visit Girton (on the outskirts of Cambridge) to present the Cambridgeshire Family History Society Computer Group, more about this another time.
- Newark Air Museum - Both DH and I love visiting the museum, over the years we have got to know a number of the volunteers and we spent a great day over the Easter weekend just 'wombling' about the museum.
- RAF Waddington Air Show - held each year at RAF Waddington in Lincolnshire, as usual we attended but being part of a Charity Stand we don't really get chance to look around. It is however a very enjoyable weekend.
- Italian Mountains - While in Italy recently we were staying near a few mountains, I could very easily get used to the views, every day was different. Both DH & I took sooooo many pictures, more than I will ever scrap. Being up in the mountains and seeing clouds below us was fantastic!!!!
- Venice, Italy - We also spent the day in Venice, you just have to. Due to the school holidays Venice was packed with people but DH & I have decided to return again in either the Spring or Autumn :)
- Ranworth Church - Part of the Norfolk Broads Ranworth has a lovely little church (called St Helen's) with a tower, the tower is open and visitors can climb to the top to get great views of the Norfolk Broads. Once you have made it back down, visit the tea room for a fabulous Cream Tea - and only £2.50!!!!
- The Abbey of St Benets - Also found in the middle of the Norfolk Broads this old Abbey dates back to the Middle Ages. Although you had to dodge the cow pats the remains are a bold landmark in the flat landscape. DH & I had a break from the boat and looked around the remains :)
Wednesday, 10 August 2011
Last month (on the 11th) I found